Metallica's Kirk Hammett, Pink Floyd's David Gilmour and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler were among the star performers at Mick Fleetwood’s Peter Green concert at London Palladium last night (25th February).
The brainchild of eponymous Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood, the Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate The Music of Peter Green concert unsurprisingly sold out within minutes of going on sale last November.
Ahead of the gig, Mick Fleetwood said: “The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began, and it’s important to recognize the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music.
“Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honoured to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician.”
Opening with Fleetwood Mac’s 1969 song ‘Rollin’ Man’, Mick Fleetwood and co. played an epic 23-song setlist in front of the 2,286 strong crowd.
Mick Fleetwood’s band consisted of Andy Fairweather Low, Dave Bronze and Ricky Peterson, with producer Glyn Johns serving as executive sound producer.
ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons was the first guest of the night, performing vocals and guitar on Dr. Brown before joining forces with Steven Tyler on a cover of Otis Rush’s ‘All Your Love’ and 'Rattlesnake Shake'. They also performed on ‘Oh Well Part 1’ later in the night.
Elsewhere, John Mayall guested on ‘Rattlesnake Shake’, Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie performed on ‘Stop Messin’ Around’ (with Steven Tyler) and ‘Looking For Somebody’.
Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour appeared on two songs (‘Albatross’ and ‘Oh Well Part 2’), Neil Finn sang a poignant version of ‘Man of the World’, and original Fleetwood Mac guitarist Jeremy Spencer played on the Elmore James covers ‘The Sky Is Crying’ and ‘I Can’t Hold Out’ will Bill Wyman.
The Who’s Pete Townshend performed on ‘Station Man’, Metallica’s Kirk Hammett played the fable 'Greenie' guitar on ‘The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)’ with Billy Gibbons and former Oasis lynchpin Noel Gallagher featured on ‘Sandy Mary’, ‘Love That Burns’ and ‘The World Keep on Turning’.
The concert culminated with the majority of the musicians returning to the stage for an all-star rendition of ‘Shake Your Moneymaker’.
Check out the full setlist and a selection of fan-filmed videos below:
1. Rollin’ Man
3. Dr Brown (featuring Billy Gibbons)
4. All Your Love (featuring Billy Gibbons and Steven Tyler)
5. Rattlesnake Shake (featuring Billy Gibbons and Steven Tyler)
6. Stop Messin' Around (featuring Christine McVie)
7. Looking for somebody (featuring Christine McVie)
8. Sandy Mary (featuring Noel Gallagher)
9. Love that burns (featuring Noel Gallagher)
10. The World Keeps Turning (featuring Noel Gallagher)
11. Like Crying
12. No Place To Go
13. Station Man (featuring Pete Townshend)
14. Man of the World (featuring Neil Finn)
15. Oh Well, Part I (featuring Billy Gibbons and Steven Tyler)
16. Oh Well, Part II (featuring David Gilmour)
17. Need Your Love So Bad
18. Black Magic Woman
19. The Sky Is Crying (featuring Jeremy Spencer)
20. I Can't Hold On (featuring Jeremy Spencer)
21. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown) (featuring Kirk Hammett)
22. Albatross (featuring David Gilmour)
23. Shake Your Moneymaker (all-star finale)