What's on ...
Click to try to find tickets for this event.
- 4 FebWilko Johnson Portsmouth New Theatre Royal
- 5 FebWilko Johnson Swindon Wyvern Theatre
- 6 FebWilko Johnson Peterborough The Cresset
- 10 FebWilko Johnson Glasgow St Lukes
- 11 FebWilko Johnson Whitley Bay Playhouse
- 12 FebWilko Johnson Manchester RNCM
- 19 FebWilko Johnson Birmingham Town Hall
- 20 FebWilko Johnson Nottingham The Albert Hall
- 21 FebWilko Johnson Cheltenham Town Hall
- 25 FebWilko Johnson New Brighton Floral Pavillion
- 26 FebWilko Johnson Bury St Edmunds Apex
- 27 FebWilko Johnson Bexhill De La Warr Pavilion
- 23 AprWilko Johnson Poole Lighthouse
- 24 AprWilko Johnson Worthing Assembly
- 29 AprWilko Johnson Shrewsbury Theatre Severn
- 30 AprWilko Johnson Islington Assembly Hall
Wilko Johnson London
(featuring Wilko Johnson , Dr John Cooper Clarke)
Venue: London Royal Albert Hall
Wilko Johnson Band - The 30th Anniversary
+ Special Guest
2017 is certainly a special year for Wilko Johnson: not only does it mark the 30th anniversary of the Wilko Johnson Band, but this year sees the guitarist celebrating his 70th birthday. Given the events of recent years, this celebration at the Royal Albert Hall is all the more meaningful: here is the death-defying Wilko Johnson leading his own party with partners in crime Norman Watt-Roy (bass), Dylan Howe (drums), family, friends and special guests.
‘I’m supposed to be dead!’ So said Wilko in a recent interview, having been diagnosed in late 2012 with terminal pancreatic cancer. But despite the doctors' predictions he continued to perform and present himself with vigour and a new zest for life. In 2013, Wilko announced that, thanks to a second opinion and subsequent life-saving surgery, he was cancer-free.
The original Dr Feelgood guitarist, known for his distinctive chopping guitar style, recently found further fame on TV in Game Of Thrones, and also rose up the charts once more after teaming up with Who frontman Roger Daltrey on hit 2014 album Going Back Home, which features incendiary reworkings of songs from Wilko’s Feelgood days such as ‘All Through The City’ and ‘Going Back Home’.
The Wilko Johnson Band consists of Wilko himself plus Blockheads Norman Watt-Roy and Dylan Howe; a rhythm ’n' blues power trio widely acknowledged as one of the most exciting live acts in the world today. Keep It To Myself - The Best Of Wilko Johnson is released in February 2017 via Chess/Universal.
Wilko Johnson's bestselling memoir 'Don't You Leave Me Here' (Little, Brown) has also just been released as a paperback